Wednesday, February 27, 2008

Fact: Dan Loves Irish Girls.

Onward to Dublin!

I arrived along with many other Emerson students, Including Jacki, Darylle (not a boy's name), Lippi, Deven and the wonderful Cait and Kristen. JDLD and I went out to chinese dinner and called it an early night. The next morning we had an excellent Irish breakfast at the hostel and then headed out unto the city. JDLD went to find a Jail, and CK and I went to explore Dublin. We walked over to Trinity College and the Temple Bar area and I fell in love - I don't know if you're aware, but Dan is in love with irish accents on a girl.

 Seriously, when Caitlin was on Heroes, I was a very, very happy man. 

Anyways, after spending time on the campus of Trinity College (and briefly considering transfering...), We went to the guinness storehouse where we ran into - who else? Jacki, Deven and Lippi. Darylle had gone off on her own for a little while, but we had planned to meet for dinner and the ghost tour at 8. After Guiness, JDL and I went to get some amazing food at a little shop called the Queen of Tarts. It was phenomenal - Sweet Potato Bisque followed by dessert... ohhh so good. See the pics on Flickr. ----->

After this, we met up with Darylle again and went on a "GhostBus Tour" of Dublin. They took a double deckered bus and a navigator guided us around the city, showing us the most haunted spots of Dublin for a couple hours. Well worth the 20 Euros we spent, we all had a great time. Afterward we went back to Temple Bar to find a good place for a drink. We took in the local flavor at a pub with live music and around 12 headed back to our hostel. 

The next day, I bid adieu to everyone and spent a few hours on my own in Dublin before heading to the airport. Then  I waited, and waited, and waited, and waited and got on my flight and arrived at my hostel in Paris around midnight. 

But more about that later....



No comments: