Wednesday, January 9, 2008

Jews should stick to EATING chinese food.

Our final day was spent in Tel Aviv. Most memorably, Adam, Steph and I took some time and wandered the streets and the open air markets. They were pretty impressive, and we got some fantastic deals. Steph got a skirt for $7, I got some pomegranate seeds for a dollar or two, and adam snagged some jerusalem bread for a couple shekels. Overall, a great experience. 

Untilllllll...

Dinner was at a chinese food restaurant, run entirely by white jews. This is not a good idea. See, just because you ENJOY a certain kind of food, doesn't mean  you can make it well. That said, after our lame Chinese food experience and Steph's allergic reaction to the pineapple in her dessert, we went back to the hotel and talked about our feelings about this trip. Everyone was very positive, and it was a great way to end the excursion. About half-way through I started feeling uncomfortable, and by the time I made it back to my room I passed out in exhaustion and stomach pains. Adam woke me back up a few times, finally getting me up long enough to pack my bags. Then at 2 am I fell asleep again. I woke up at 7 the next morning feeling much better and we all went to breakfast. Then we left for the airport and got onto a 12 hour flight to NYC. 

No comments: